Not only is The Meadows on the central and south Sperrin scenic route but we are close to everything you could possibly need for the perfect get away. If being sheltered in a nice spot basking in the sun with a babbling brook running by, talking a beautiful relaxing walk along the river taking in the scenic but tranquil farmland setting doesn’t do it for you then lucky there is a feast of close by activities that will keep you busy while you stay with us.
With walks, restaurants, bars, gyms, Ulster American folk park and the multiplex cinema to name a few just a few minutes’ drive away from The Meadows you will be spoilt for choice with things to do while you’re in the area.
Click here to have a look at all the activities you can do around the Sperrins.
Click on each walk to find out more…
- Robbers Table
- An excellent off-road hill walk opening up views of the Bluestack and High Sperrin Mountain ranges.
- An Creagan Forest & River Trail
- An Creagán Forest & River Trail provides a safe and friendly place to enjoy your daily exercise and de-stress in a uniquely tranquil and picturesque environment.
- Gortin Forest Ladies View
- This strenuous but rewarding trail provides an excellent walk for those who enjoy exercise. The route rises to its highest point at 350 metres to give a superb view of the surrounding countryside.
- Gortin Forest Nature Trail
- This educational trail provides interest for the whole family by taking in a range and variety of habitats.
- Gortin Lakes
- This short off-road walk leads around Gortin Lakes with superb views of the Sperrins landscape.
- Gortin Forest: Pollan Walk
- This pleasant and rewarding trail follows up the course of the Pollan Burn as it tumbles down the mountainside.
- Loughmacrory Lough
- Walking around the shore of Lough Macrory is a refreshing and relaxing way to unwind.
- Sloughan Glen
- This short woodland walk leads up the glen to a spectacular waterfall. From here retrace your steps back to the car park.
- Vinegar Hill Loop
- This 7 mile walk provides a taster of what the Sperrins have to offer, rolling hills, lush green valleys and a snapshot of rural life.
- Bessy Bell
- International Appalachian Trail
Within 5 minutes drive:
Within 15 minutes drive:
In the area
Invalid Displayed Gallery